Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hambuger or Ground Turkey

I think that I have mentioned that I use ground turkey instead of ground beef. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is better for you.

It is cheap. I have found it between .69 a pound to 1.25 then compare that to ground beef, I haven't been able to get ground beef less than $1.50 a pound. I know there are somethings that ground beef is just better in. Another option is to use one lb of ground beef one of ground turkey cook together. Then use 1/2 one night and 1/2 another night. The family may not notice this change as much as if you just switch to ground turkey. I switched way back when my kids were little and the do not know the difference.

I have also found the recipes with beans in them are even less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment