Sunday, January 4, 2009

Supper for $3.00

Yesterday I made Cabbage Casserole. I figured it cost under $3.00 for this meal and it was fairly easy to make. My children will eat just about anything so that is good. My prices are from Aldis this week. This was served with rice. It is getting harder and harder to make it supper for under $3.00. I use tround turkey because I can get a roll of it for under a dollar. It is one pound of meat.

If we had gone out for supper we could have easily spent $20. I rarely eat out with my children. If we go out to supper my children order water. Soda is so expensive and not good for them.

Cabbage Casserole

1 lb of ground turkey (.99)
1/2 onion chopped (.25)
1 head of cabbage chopped (1.00)
1 can tomato soup (.50)
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook ground turkey and onion.
Cook the cabbage for 3 minutes in boiling water.
Spray the liner of a crockpot.
Layer in crock pot.
I cooked for 4 hours on low. If you are going to cook it longer I would add a little water.

I served this with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment