Saturday, January 3, 2009

What do you do with your change?

I have 2 quarters in my car. One for parking downtown and one for the cart at Aldi's. What about the other change you have? I am the first to admit that I don't use much cash. It can be a pain to use. I never seem to have enough or I end up with change.

I admit that you do need to have cash on hand. Like when I went to Subway and they didn't have their credit card machine working.

Anyways you buy something with cash and you have 56 cents left. What do you do with it? Leave it in your coat to get lost?
Well we have the cheap method get a jar and put it in. Or something like a piggy bank, it is covered and you can't tell how much is in it. It is more difficult to take money out of it. The goal is to save this money.

Last year we saved an extra $50 by putting this money in a piggy bank and then went we went on vacation we used it as extra spending money. I am trying to teach the children to save. Our country has gotten away from saving. We as parents need to teach our children how to save.

For Christmas I got all of my children new piggy banks. They were at Target for 9.99 they got to paint them and put their names on it. We lost our piggy banks in the floods of 2008 so we are slowly rebuilding what we lost. When they get money they put it in there till it is decided what they will do with it. They each have a savings account at the bank to put away money.

No comments:

Post a Comment