Monday, January 12, 2009

Laundry Soap

Laundry soap is $3.50 or more for 30 loads. That is expensive. Then you add in your fabric softener. I have to do my laundry at the laundry mat and it cost 3.00 per load. I use vinegar for fabric softener. And I use homemade laundry soap. My recipe is

Powdered Laundry Detergent
2 cups Fels Naptha Soap (finely grated - I personally use my food processor - only for soap to grate it all really fine)
1 cup Washing Soda
1 cup Borax
Mix well and store in an airtight plastic container.
Use 2 tablespoons per full load.

You have to look for Fels Naptha Soap. It can be difficult to find. I have had to ask for it to be ordered at my local grocery store. My Hy-Vee is great about that. They ordered it. Make sure it is washing soda not baking soda. If you buy all of this it saves you buckets of money going down the drain. This produces very little suds in your machine. It is great for those with problems with scents or dyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment